What is LOVEjax100?
LOVEjax100 is designed to promote prayer walking as a positive and powerful step into the First Coast mission field. The challenge to prayer walk 100 miles that is being promoted in conjunction with the LOVEjax Send Relief Tour scheduled for Jacksonville, September 16-17, 2022. We are making intercession on location as we pray in the streets asking God to move in the homes, schools, businesses, and recreational facilities in our neighborhoods.
Prayer is vital in preparing for mission. We are asking God to hear our prayers and show Himself strong on our behalf (2 Chronicles 16:9). Prayer walking is a very valuable on-ramp into the mission field. The goal is to get as many people as possible prayer walking the streets and communities of the First Coast in preparation for the Serve Tour. This type of community engagement is a valuable tool to help us see our mission field like Jesus does and develop a heart that is passionate for those who are harassed and helpless (Matthew 9:36).
Join the Team
We invite you to join many others who have a passion for Kingdom advancement by prayer walking the First Coast. Here is the challenge in six words:
- Commit to be involved in the LOVEjax100 challenge! The first step of a long prayer walking journey is a passion for seeing God bring renewal and gospel advancement to our city and the greater Jacksonville area. Please visit the “resources” section of the LOVEjax100 Send Relief Serve Tour prayer walking site to download resources that will equip and encourage you as you begin your journey.
- Register your commitment by following the link to the LOVEjax100 prayer walking registration page.
- Engage others with the gospel as you encounter them on the mission field. Ask the Holy Spirit to lead you to people who are far from God. Be prepared to initiate gospel conversations1 when the opportunity arises.
- Record your prayer walking mileage periodically to assist our team in tracking the progress of the initiative.
- Celebrate the victories as you see God at work in the mission fields where you walk. Share your stories, pictures, and videos on the LOVEjax100 Facebook page.
- Invite others to join you in the LOVEjax100 challenge.
1If you are interested in receiving training in a simple way to start Gospel Conversations, contact Mike Reed to inquire or schedule training.
Frequently Asked Questions
Participants are encouraged to walk anywhere in the Greater Jacksonville area. The Send Relief Tour focuses upon the zones within the I-295 corridor, but the LOVEjax100 focuses inside and outside this corridor. Participants are encouraged to strategically walk areas near their home, work, or other environments they visit often. We are inviting the Spirit of God to impact our region, not just our city.
When you register, you will be able to choose between four distance options—100, 75, 50, or 25 miles. The shorter distances are also attainable for families. This practice enables families and churches to introduce prayer walking to future generations. The possibilities are beyond our imagination.
When you register, you will receive a link to the recording area. You will be able to log into your account using your username and password to record your progress.
Questions? If you have questions about any aspect of the LOVEjax100, contact Mike Reed.